Monday, February 13, 2012

Physical Therapy

The good news: Three weeks ago, I started out with two degrees of dorsiflexion. Today, I have 15 degrees of dorsiflexion. They said that's huge improvement in that amount of time, particularly since I backslid the first week.

The bad news: I need 20 degrees, which means no skating this week either. They want me to get up to 20 before I "can do some light skating" (whatever that means. I'll get a definition before I get up on skates.) They're pretty sure I'll get it in about a week at this rate as long as I keep up with my exercises, so I'll be going in on Monday to be checked out by the doctor. If I have 20 degrees and no pain at that point, then I'll be discharged. For some reason, I thought they said 10-15 degrees before, but no, apparently it's 20. I looked it up online to see what they said ('cause if everything I could find said 10, I was going to get on skates no matter what) and the Internet confirmed 20 is normal.

So hopefully I won't fall too far behind in the next week, though it looks like I'm going into testing without having been on skates for two weeks. Awesome.

(crossposted to Tumblr)

No comments:

Post a Comment