Saturday, January 19, 2013

Central Florida Highland Festival

Today I went to the Central Florida Highland Games with friends from the Slug Club. I try to go every year or two (mostly because I have a thing for chuscular guys and guys in kilts - highland games always combine the two in a wonderful way) but this year I was disappointed.

For one thing, we normally go on Sundays. They're usually quiet days, a little boring, but quiet. It gives my friends and I some peace while we watch the games, enjoy the music, etc.  Saturdays are a whole different thing. It was *packed* full of people. As someone who gets a bit of social anxiety in crowds, I wasn't doing well. I barely made it in before I had a headache and felt a little claustrophobic. Once I finally met up with my group (after parking a couple of miles away and walking to the site), we watched the caber toss, walked around the site, and then left. I think I spent maybe 3 hours there, which is a relatively short day for us. We didn't even get to drink because the lines for beer were too long. You have to stand in two lines - one for beer tickets and one for the actual beer. Both lines were ridiculous and they only had two beer stands. 

The eye candy was good, but it felt weird to be there without Shae. When you're the only one perving over the guys in kilts, then you're creepy. But when there's two of you, you're potentially drunk girls having a good time. Lesson learned: I'll always go to the Games on Sundays now and will drag Shae every time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment