Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Thing #2 - Foam Crafting

I typically do not have the time to craft anymore. However, while school was on break for the winter, I took advantage of the time and started crafting like crazy. In addition to the scrapbooking and smash booking I did in the previous post, I tried my hand at foam crafting. One of my friends back a few years ago purchased a foam Thomas Jefferson craft set.

Yes, that's right. I'm officially that nerd who owns a Thomas Jefferson craft set. I'm also that immature nerd who laugh because once you glue his clothes on, he's still nekkid in the back. I'm probably going to draw him a butt crack soon.

But yes - BEHOLD the glory that is foam!Thomas Jefferson!


Naturally, he comes with his own little Declaration of Independence Constitution, because that totally makes more sense than the Declaration of Independence? There was also a little set of fun facts. The whole thing came with some easel backs to glue on the back so you can display him around the house, but he may just end up in my smash book instead. I don't really have the space for him to be up on an easel. 

The downside to foam!Jefferson? I discovered I hate working with foam. Until the glue settles, it slips and slides eeeverywhere. The vest and jacket also don't fit together perfectly. I didn't discover this until it was too late to try to cut it with my X-acto knife.  Oh well. It's still cute, even if his clothes are kind of falling off. He'll look great wherever I put him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment