Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Review: Modernskate.com

After a bad experience with a local skate shop, I decided to look online to see if I can find protective gear at a good price. I came across Modernskate.com via Google Shopping and, seeing no negative reviews, decided to give them a try.

This was a fantastic decision.

Modernskate's customer service was fantastic. I sent them an email after placing an order due to the fact that I was shipping to an address that wasn't my billing address (I always ship to my job anymore because UPS just leaves my packages on the ground outside of my apartment and we have a bit of a crime issue.) They apparently have a policy that flags some shipments that go to other billing addresses so that follow up is required in order to ensure the card is yours (a great safety idea that I never even thought of.) They responded quickly to let me know everything's good and the shipment will go out later that day or the next day. I received confirmation by the end of the day (approximately 24 hours after shipping) and received my items about 3 business days later. This was using their free shipping option, which is usually ridiculously slow with most other companies.

The pricing was also much better than most other shops. I went with Triple 8 KP Pro knee pads (I know, I know, not as good as Shae's 187s, but pretty close and without the bulk.) They were $60 through a local skate shop, $75 from a number of other stores, but only $42 through ModernSkate.com. I ended up picking up knee pads and elbow pads for the same price as just the knee pads from the local shop.

All in all, it was an excellent experience that I will be repeating in the future when I've killed these pads. I'll also be recommending them to anyone in search of gear at recruitment night next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment