Wednesday, June 15, 2011

To skate or not to skate

Tonight is the night that I normally would go to open skate, but I'm not sure if I'll be going or not. I really want to; its killing me not to be on my skates. However, on Sunday when I went to open skate, I had a lot of sweat getting into my eyes, causing me to rub at them. Well, when I rubbed at them, my contact scratched my eye a bit, which means I'm wearing glasses for the moment. Skating with glasses on sort of freaks me out. I've never done it before and quite honestly I don't want to start now. What if I fall? What if my glasses fall off? Plus I hate getting sweaty when wearing these. Hell, I just flat out hate wearing them. There's the constantly pressure on your nose, the oil that seems to gather where they touch my face... I just want my contacts back. ;_;

So now the question is - to skate or not to skate? When I miss my normal Wednesday skate session, I feel unprepared for my Saturday skate lessons. I know it's just beginner classes, but I really need them (obviously. I mean, I wouldn't be spending the money and hanging around so many little kids if I didn't.) But I want to try to move into the Level 3 classes before recruitment night, which means I have two Saturday sessions left. I'm getting pretty close, I think. Sunday when I went skating, I was able to get my foot up long enough to say "sectumsemptra" a few times, which is awesome. I still can't shoot the duck, but I think skating on one foot while standing is the main skill necessary to move up. I need to get to a point where I can skate on the one foot while making a turn. I can barely make a turn on two feet, so we'll see how this goes. I need a LOT more practice than I can actually afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment