Friday, July 22, 2011

Progress!

Team Special Mittens is making progress! (Special Mittens is what Itzel and I are calling our small little group of misfit skaters. The name was pulled from a derby blog that I read awhile ago but I can't for the life of me remember which one to credit it.) Itzel was a freaking master of t-stops by the end. It was awesome to see how well she was doing. I'll admit, I was a bit jealous!

I finally fell trying to do t-stops, which I really needed to do. I discovered that I'm getting pretty good at falling (proper falls, I mean. One knee slides, double knee falls, baseball slides, even superman falls.) Ellen Rage and Tiger Beatdown are freaking miracle workers. My t-stops are improving (they're nowhere near what they need to be, but still better than they were!) I'm so close to getting crossovers right now. I actually wanted to keep on going tonight until I mastered them! They also made sure to make the last part of practice fun for us to, which I really appreciated (perhaps more so than some of the other women, but meh. I've always been a fan of making an ass out of myself in public.) They had us do the Electric Slide (which HOLY SHIT I've not done this dance since probably 1995), the Cupid Shuffle, and the Cha-Cha Slide, all of which are always great ways to get more comfortable on the skates.

I'm not ready for the Level 1 test next week. But quite honestly? I've made so much progress at this point that I can't help but already feel victorious.

I should have some decent bruise pics soon. My leg has a lump that is very slowly turning colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment