Thursday, September 29, 2011

WTF, body? W.T.F.

I can't do a crossover. I can't. I've been trying so hard and every time I think I have it, it's gone by the next practice.

However, I can now almost do a tomahawk stop... as long as I don't move faster than a crawl. XD

WTF. I can't even do a basic maneuver like a crossover! Yet one of the refs pulled people aside today to help with 180 turns and I nailed them ridiculously quick. I still trip up every once in awhile if I'm going too fast, but I can do these! And I can do almost-tomahawks! It was pretty amazing, and totally made up for the failtasticness that was me trying to fucking keep up with the pack. (We moved this weekend and I did something weird to my ankle/outside part of my calf. I didn't even think it was a concern until my leg was shaking, unable to even support myself while skating.)

Extra practice agenda for the weekend: Speed and crossovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment