Thursday, January 19, 2012

Fresh Meat Day 2

I feel so much better this recruitment than I did the last. Last night we worked on falls and stops some more, as well as doing side steps and grapevines. I did pretty well on most of it. I still suck at plow stopping, but I t-stop like a boss. I also did knee glides last night! I really struggled with those last time, so it was pretty awesome that I picked it up fairly quickly. I was so shocked when I went down the first time and came right back up that I just stood there for a second like "OMG, I DID IT?!?!" before moving out of the way for the next girl. When I skate this weekend, I'll make sure to work on these a little bit so I don't stand there looking like an idiot afterwards, as well as my plow stops, crossovers and double knee falls.

During warm-ups, I managed some crossovers! This was particularly exciting because I recently adjusted my trucks, so I felt pretty awesome that I could do (crappy) crossovers even with that. However, my ankle still hurt like a son of a bitch during warm-ups, even with me doing ankle strengthening exercises this week. In fact, I worry a little bit that the ankle strengthening exercises made it worse, because I went into practice with a little bit of pain from doing the exercises for a few days. So I finally gave in. I've scheduled an appointment on Monday morning first thing in order to see a sports medicine physician to check it out for me. I really think it's just a weak ankle from what I've seen on the Internet. I had a bad sprain on it when I was a kid, as well as a couple of minor sprains in high school and once doing faire back in 2004. Hopefully they'll just tell me to do some exercises and tape it up when skating until I get the ankle built up.

No comments:

Post a Comment