Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Weekly Goals

Goals I posted last week and their current status:

1. Do a crossover during warm-ups on Wednesday. - Successful! Plus we worked a bit on them on Monday and I felt better about them. Am I perfect? No. But I'm definitely better off than before, particularly now that I have the brace.
2. Scrounge up the money for an open-skate session. - Successful! Open skate at a rink in Kissimmee. I had lots of fun, even if I ended up quitting after about an hour and 20 minutes due to ankle pain.
3. Finish reading "Down and Derby". - Done and passed on to Shae!
4. Do ankle-strengthening exercises every day. - Done until Saturday, when ankle exercises became too much.
5. Drink at least 3 20 oz. cups of water per day. - Semi-successful. I definitely achieved this on weekdays, but not on the weekends. I still hate water, and its even harder to drink it when I'm at home with crappy tasting ice.
6. Let myself fall during practice. - Completed on Monday! We were doing jumps, so I fell... a lot. I also fell early on working on plow stops. These stops are the bane of my existence right now and when I was playing around to try to make them work for me, I crouched a bit too far back and landed on my ass. Ow.


Goals for this week:
1. Work on side steps and grapevines on my own.
2. Double knee falls - there should be two hits, not one giant one!
3. Work on my crossovers.
4. Learn to stop in a limited amount of space. I need to get over my weird fear of stopping in a pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment